This summer Sojo & Mouse will launch ‘Deep in the Whispering Woods: An imagination journal for storytellers’, lovingly pieced together by Midlands based author and educator, Holly Staniford, whose aim with this publication is to:
- Encourage children to get outdoors and into their local woodlands.
- Nurture a connection with the natural world.
- Enthuse children to seek inspiration from the outdoors and super charge their imagination.
- Demonstrate how to use natural resources to kindle creativity and trigger story ideas.
- Empower children to create original stories, sparked by their outdoor experiences.
- Encourage ‘stand and stare’ time to notice the tiny details and nuances of nature and to nurture the ability to view these through imagination.
Here’s the deal for forest schools (and schools with a passion for escaping the classroom):
We would love for your school to be part of our launch week, which we are hoping will coincide with a big dollop of UK freedom from covid restrictions on 21st June 2021. If you fancy getting involved, or simply want to get a box of books for your pupils, here is how it works:
*Minimum order: 8 books
*This early-bird offer is for one month only, so be sure to get your orders in before 8/05/2021.
As mentioned above, we have made the decision to open our offer to schools as well as forest schools! We want to say a massive thank you for all your incredible work during the pandemic by offering our one-off pre-launch price of just £5, to your school. The RRP is £8.99, so this is a great way to raise money for new books for your library or classrooms!
Perhaps you were thinking of starting an outdoor club? All you need is a copy of our book for each child and their imaginations. No planning needed. If you are a school that values imaginative outdoor experiences to positively impact literacy skills in the classroom, this is the book for your children.
We can’t wait for you to join us in the launch of this magical journal!